- Root Cellar SGS Spring Seminar registration is now OPEN. March 21, 2015 First come, first registered. Click here for more information. posted 22Jan2015slb
- An up-to-date catalog for Root Cellar's Library is now available. Also, we are looking for volunteers to serve as docents in the library room. For more information on both, click here to go to the Library page. posted 14Dec2014 rh
- A new publication has been added to the online Store page – Sheriff's Mug Book, Sacramento County 1874-1875.. posted 11/8/2014 rh
- Root Cellar Ramblings Blog is now celebrating its 3rd year of existence. YAHOOOOO!! YIPPPEY!! It is our 3rd Blogiversary and we are thrilled and continuing to get stronger and better. Check out the Blog and see what we have been doing. Sign on with your email and receive the posts directly in your own email box. Don't miss out. posted 29Apr2014sb
- The ROOT CELLAR PRESERVES digitalization project is complete. Downloadable fully searchable copies of the Preserves from January 1979 to the present are now posted in the Members-Only section. Thanks go to John Jay for the scanning and Ron Setzer for file preparation and posting. posted March 2014
- The current issue of ROOT CELLAR PRESERVES (Vol. 36, No. 3) has been posted in this website's Members-Only section. All members are emailed a copy.
Not a member
of Root Cellar?
Click on the cover
of our latest
and see what you're missing.
Something is happening at our Library
Over six thousand books representing most of the U.S. states! Periodicals from more than 300 genealogical societies across the U.S. and Canada! That's what you will find in Root Cellar's library located at the California State Archives building.
Volunteers are creating an online catalog of the library's holdings. An older draft list is available as a downloadable PDF file. Eventually that list will appear on the website's Library page (currently empty). For more information and to download that draft listing, click on RC's Library Catalog in the menu to your left.