Enter Amazon.com using this button and Root Cellar
may receive a small commission for any purchases.
- The June issue of Root Cellar PRESERVES (Vol. 37, No. 2) has been posted in this website's Members-Only section. Members have received copies by email.
Not a member
of Root Cellar?
Click on the cover
of our latest
and see what you're missing.
- Root Cellar SGS Spring Seminar was successful again. What a great day - a warm dry, calm, spring day, new destination that was good, great snacks & lunch, wonderful prizes and raffle baskets, and dozens of happy volunteers kept the day moving along without many noticeable hitches. D Joshua Taylor spoke to a SOLD OUT, standing room only crowd. I heard participants leaving who were anxious to get home to try some of those tips and research hints that were talked about during the day. Thank you to all the volunteers for the great job! See pictures and a recap of the day.
- Sheriff's Mug Book 1915 - 1924 and Wanted Posters 1923 -1924 Sacramento County is now available. See the online store page for more information. posted 21 Apr 2015 rh
|Click on the above image to see a preview.
- An up-to-date catalog for Root Cellar's Library is now available. Also, we are looking for volunteers to serve as docents in the library room. For more information on both, click here to go to the Library page. posted 14Dec2014 rh
- The ROOT CELLAR PRESERVES digitalization project is complete. Downloadable fully searchable copies of the Preserves from January 1979 to the present are now posted in the Members-Only section. Thanks go to John Jay for the scanning and Ron Setzer for file preparation and posting. posted March 2014
Something is happening at our Library
Over six thousand books representing most of the U.S. states! Periodicals from more than 300 genealogical societies across the U.S. and Canada! That's what you will find in Root Cellar's library located at the California State Archives building.
Volunteers are creating an online catalog of the library's holdings. An older draft list is available as a downloadable PDF file. Eventually that list will appear on the website's Library page (currently empty). For more information and to download that draft listing, click on RC's Library Catalog in the menu to your left.